Brunswick Kling 9’ - Delivered and Setup (included in DFW area only, outside the area additonal cost)
Johnny Kling was born in Kansas City and played catcher for the Chicago Orphans, which later became the Chicago Cubs. Kling played with double-play trio and Hall of Famers Joe Tinker, Johnny Evans, and Frank Chance. From 1906-1910, the Cubs won 4 National League Pennants and 2 World Series Titles. Base stealing champion, Ty Cobb, was never able to steal a base against Kling. Kling was attributed as one of the main reasons for the Cubs’ success in the early 20th Century.
As well as baseball, Johnny Kling had a passion for pool. In 1908, after winning the World Series, he went on to win the World Pocket Billiard Championship, becoming the only person to win both a World Series and a Billiard Championship. Kling was also part owner of a pool room with Bernie Allen, former MLB player and Purdue Intercollegiate Athletics Hall of Famer. For their pool room, Johnny designed the “Kling” table with Brunswick.
- The Kling was manufactured in 1916,
- It has 1” thick, 3 piece slate, original to the table,
- The wood is rubbed mahogany, white and black holly, with pearl inlay, and rosewood rails and,
- Your choice of 860 Simonis cloth (any color)
- Optional Cabinet
- Belgium Aramith Balls,
- Matching Wall Rack
- Ball Triangle
- Cue Bridge and Table Brush
- Master Chalk (to match cloth) and Cover
Professional delivery and installation by Ultimate Billiard Service.
Call or Text Jeff @ (214) 298-3689.